Vitosol 200-FM: Premium high-performance flat plate solar collector with switching ThermProtect absorber layer
The Vitosol 200-FM is a premium series flat plate collector that offers high performance and quality construction at an affordable price. With an absorber area of 25 sq ft (2.3 sq m), the solar collectors can be adapted to meet any energy demands.
On average, they replace up to 60 percent of the energy required for DHW heating annually and contribute to central heating backup. In conjunction with a condensing boiler, free solar energy allows you to reduce your annual energy consumption for heating and DHW by more than one third.
The benefits at a glance:
- High performance flat plate collectors with switching ThermProtect absorber layer
- Suitable for all applications, best choice for solar DHW and pool heating
- No overheating or steam formation of collector during low heat demand
- Fast installation with flexible connection pipes and pre-engineered mounting systems
- Versatile installation options: flat, sloped roof or free standing
- Vertical or horizontal orientation, up to 12 collectors per array
- Excellent product life with rugged, high quality, weather-tight and corrosion-resistant construction
- Clean, attractive product design for building design integration
- Most suitable for use in Indonesia with sunlight all year
- No need for routine maintenance
- Meets high safety standards
ThermProtect prevents overheating
An intelligent absorber layer protects the collectors from overheating. Viessmann's patented ThermProtect technology switches the solar collectors off when they reach a specific temperature. Temperatures of 167°F (75°C) and above cause changes in the crystalline structure of the absorber layer, increasing the rate of heat radiation and reducing the collector output. ThermProtect significantly lowers the max temperature inside the collector and prevents steam formation in the solar circuit.
When the collector temperature is lowered, the crystalline structure reverts to its original state. More than 95 percent of the incoming solar energy will then be absorbed and converted into heat. Only the remaining five percent is reflected. There is no limit to the number of times the crystalline structure can reverse, making this function available at all times.